Jon Caplis, founder at PivotalPath in New York, joined the AFI podcast to dissect hedge fund performance trends and LP priorities heading into 2024.
On the agenda in episode 22:
– Jon’s industry background and how he came to start PivotalPath, which empowers institutional investors with the ability to conduct the full cycle of hedge fund investment due diligence.
– Analysis of hedge fund performance this year, and why it has partly been a reversal of trends in 2022.
– How higher rates affect LP expectations, and create performance tailwinds for some strategies.
– The future of the multi-strategy approach in the new environment, and how LPs are now judging the approach differently.
– Investor preference for liquidity and areas of interest, led by distressed credit, heading into next year.
You can subscribe to the AFI podcast on iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Spotify or any other podcast app.
Follow the AFI LinkedIn page for the latest AFI updates and interviews.
This episode is brought to you in association with The Cut, a fortnightly newsletter published by the Independent Research Forum highlighting the latest original and thought-provoking research from a selection of high-quality and differentiated Research Providers. Click here for the latest edition.
Start the week informed and get an edge with Alternative Fund Insight’s newsletter every Monday, plus breaking news and industry analysis to your inbox.